Monday, March 15

SUCCESS...

Success.

What is it?
Who has seen it? What is the definition of success?

I don't know and want to understand this concept. This concept, which alienates me from some other people just because they have Mercedes and I have Maruti, is difficult for me to comprehend. I have tried many times to find out what is it that makes someone a little more special, a little more powerful and a little more wealthy. And every time I have, I have fallen flat in the face. I thought it was the debate competition in school which I won that made me successful. I thought it was my admission to a prestigious college which made me successful. I thought that all of it was my success.

Then one day, I see some people who are as talented if not more and are much more successful in all that which I mentioned above and in many other things. In fact, I sometimes wonder if i'm anywhere even close to them . They have accomplished so much more than just a debate trophy. They are really ahead and I don't think that I would be able to catch up in the near future.

Was I ever successful in the first place? I'm confused.

I got it all wrong, I was not successful neither was I deserving. I was just a flash in the pan, not even that. I am just another creature on this hugely populated planet. Maybe it wasn't worth it!

But I always have this question in mind. Are only Filmstars (Shah Rukh Khan for college people, so that they can laugh) Sportsmen, Ambanis and Birlas successful? What about people who never shared the limelight? Are they not successful in their own right? Is it only a 27 storey house (with 6 floors of parking) that defines your success? Oh yes, that is probably the case.

But that denies the mother's pride which she has in her son's success (so called success). Isn't it?

"The only regret that I have is that my parents are not with me to see my success" said Shah Rukh Khan. Is he successful? Or is he not?

I want to be journalist, a big journalist. I want to make films and that too, hugely successful. But what is disturbing me is that neither do I know the meaning of big nor do i know what is ' hugely successful'.

What is success?

No comments:

Post a Comment